The white ear buds, the dancing colorful silhouettes and all those cool accessories. Apple's iPod has made its way into our brains and it's not going anywhere. It's the most popular MP3 player on the market, compatible with both PCs and Macs. The success and popularity of the iPod has created an entire "ecology" of accessories, ranging from designer cases to portable speakers to built-in iPod docks for your car.
While they each come in different models and sizes, Apple's current lineup includes: the iPod nano, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPod Shuffle, and iPod (product) red. As Apple continues to unveil innovative new product models each successive quarter, older generation models of the iPod have been discontinued. If you're looking for an iPod Mini, you may also search on Craigslist
* All iPods feature the click-wheel design and the easy-to-use interface.
* Models are easily integrated with Apple's popular iTunes music system. Newer models integrate seamlessly video Apple's new video store, too.
* All new models come with bright color TFT screens in various sizes for browsing music, pictures, and watching video, except the shuffle, which lacks a screen.
* Easy USB connector on all models, plus dock compatibility on display models.
* The one-year limited warranty is included in the price, but AppleCare is available and recommended if you are accident-prone
* Playback on early-generation iPods is restricted to MP3 files (downloaded from iTunes.com or music you already own), podcasts and audio books. Newer iPod models function as portable photo albums with slide shows allowing you to share your vacation pictures with your friends and family (supported file formats include JPEG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PSD and PNG). The iPod video enables video playback of your favorite TV shows and movies making the commute home fun and enjoyable. The latest 5G models even plays video games.
* The batteries are all rechargeable lithium-ion, which means that the battery life will naturally decrease with age. Eventually, you may need to buy a relatively expensive replacement battery, but you won't need to replace the entire iPod. Unless you are just itching to get your hands on a newer version.
What people are buying to go with their mini sound systems.